UAE Free zones are attractive jurisdictions for investors who want to have 100% ownership of their businesses. The idea of a “Free Zone” has been established internationally as a model to develop and promote business in many countries. UAE Free zones are offering 100% foreign ownership, Zero tax and customs privileges to company owners. This makes these free zones in UAE the most favorable location in the Middle East for international operations. It is appealing for many to establish Free zone Company in UAE.
There are 2 main types of Free-Zone corporate entities, namely;
- FREE ZONE ESTABLISHMENT (FZE)
- FREE ZONE COMPANY (FZC)
The main difference between an “Establishment” and a “Company” is the number of shareholders required. An “Establishment” is a single-shareholder (either a person or a company) entity while a “Company” is actually a Limited Liability Company and generally requires 2 or more shareholders. Both offer same operational benefits.
There are number of developed free zones in Dubai, UAE i.e Jabel Ali Free zone (JAFZA), Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC), Ajman Free Zone, Dubai Airport Free Zone (DAFZA), etc.
Each Free Zone is set to register companies in their own line of business and each one of them has a different set of requirements, cost and legal structure. Choosing the right jurisdiction depends on short term and long term objective of the firm and cost difference.
Benefits That All Free Zones in UAE Offered
- 100% ownership of business
- 100% tax free (now 5% VAT is applied on few free zones)
- Import/Export activities
- 3 years visas for investors, staff and family members
- Greater growth potential due to strategic location
- Well established transport network and road connectivity
- Affordable cost for high quality labor
- 100% repatriation of profits and investments
- independent bank account opening and maintaining
- Warehouse facilities & virtual office facilities
Free zone is the Ideal space for doing any kind of local & international trading, services etc.
- Choose the right free zone according to your requirements. Few of these free zones support businesses on wider scale while others are for specific types of business activities
- Different free zones have their own rules and regulations to start a business. Number and type of required documents may also differ according to the type of business activity
- There is difference in share capital requirement of various free zones. Few of these may not require any share capital to start a business while others require minimum capital
- Trading between free zones and import/export activity is freely allowed without any tax or duty
- You will be required to pay 5% duty on goods and services if your business deals in Dubai mainland. This business activity is only possible through a distributor or agent
Type of Licenses
- Commercial license covering all kinds of trading activities
- Professional license covering professional services, other services, management consultancy or public relations
- Industrial license includes all manufacturing businesses or operations involving processing goods or packaging products for sale
What We Do
- Deliver strategic ideas on identifying the suitable free zone area for the client
- prepare all incorporation documents
- Name approvals and other governmental approvals
- Assistance in Bank account opening
- Acting as your personal advisors for all business registration and continuity
- Assistance in Audit reports & Book keeping
- Feasibility and project reports for the new incorporations and much more….
Alya Al Marzooqi Auditing Chartered Accountants (Alya Auditors) can surely help you in setting up your business dream in Dubai.
For all assistance please feel free to contact us Tel: +971 4 876 9377, Mob: +971 52 975 0690, +971 52 475 4007 or Email us at : audit@alya auditors.com